Couple more questions I thought about

Here you can ask the developers anything you like about the game.
Cravez
Fan
Fan

Couple more questions I thought about

Post by Cravez »

I thought of one or two things to ask about if it might be possible to get more info:

- Will loot be trigger based like the mod? Or will it dynamically spawn across the whole map?

- Will the loot be all single object spawns like in the mod, or will it be containers? (like wardrobes for clothes, fridges/cabinets for food etc) or a mixture of both?

- In regards the factions, will it be the 3 factions we currently have in the mod? (Survivor, Hero, Bandit) or will there be more? If so how will we be able to identify each faction? You mentioned patches but would this be the same as the colored armbands like in the mod? I think unique skins for each faction and also armbands for custom clothes from the mod would still be good.
-Martin-
Developer
Developer

Re: Couple more questions I thought about

Post by -Martin- »

Cravez wrote: 18 Jul 2018 22:55 I thought of one or two things to ask about if it might be possible to get more info:

- Will loot be trigger based like the mod? Or will it dynamically spawn across the whole map?

- Will the loot be all single object spawns like in the mod, or will it be containers? (like wardrobes for clothes, fridges/cabinets for food etc) or a mixture of both?

- In regards the factions, will it be the 3 factions we currently have in the mod? (Survivor, Hero, Bandit) or will there be more? If so how will we be able to identify each faction? You mentioned patches but would this be the same as the colored armbands like in the mod? I think unique skins for each faction and also armbands for custom clothes from the mod would still be good.
1) The actual loot will only be spawned on the server, to prevent cheaters from duping it, spawning it etc... Only models representing the loot will be displayed on the map, however they will only be displayed when the player is in a certain radius around them, there is no sense in rendering loot at the other end of the map when it can never be seen by the player and wasting system resources. ;)

2) Loot will appear in different places such as on the table, in a cupboard, on the floor etc... we don't know if we'll spawn it individually or in containers yet, probably a mixture of both.

3) We haven't finalized our decision about this yet so I won't answer this question prematurely, let's wait until we have decided. ;)
Cravez
Fan
Fan

Post by Cravez »

Thanks for your time answering :D
-Martin-
Developer
Developer

Post by -Martin- »

Cravez wrote: 20 Jul 2018 13:27 Thanks for your time answering :D