Your feedback about the user interface!

Here you can discuss anything you want to related to the game.
admin
The Supreme Forum Administrator
The Supreme Forum Administrator

Your feedback about the user interface!

Post by admin »

We need your feedback about the user interface for Pandemik! :!:

What is important to you in a games user interface?

When you launch a game, what information / features would you like to have quickly accessible to you in the main menu?

What features would you like to see in the server list?

What features would you like to see in the player profile?

Do you like the idea of settings presets?

What information would you like to see while playing in game? (Health, ammo etc...)

What games do you think have the best user interface and why?

Leave your replies below, any concept images are also welcome. We look forward to hearing your feedback! ;)
Papaya

Re: Your feedback about the user interface!

Post by Papaya »

For me it's very important to be able to quickly find the options and to jump into a game/game browser fast. Give friends and social features it's own tab/menu and not just a small button with a pop-up menu in the corner. And don't make the inventory system too complex. It took me a looong time to figure the inventory in DayZ SA/Arma 3 out.

The server browser needs the standard filtering options and allow server information through an easily accessible drop down menu (pressing a button next to the server name to get detailed information, don't know how to explain it :D ). And i know it may sound a bit odd, but let me use double click to join a server and press enter to confirm a password (doesn't work in ARK and it pisses me off).

I think the player profile should contain information about Kills (Zombies, Heroes, Bandits, Neutral, NPCs, animals etc.), time survived max, blood bags given (healing in general), if there are costumizable characters show them off, vehicles repaired and time and distance traveled.

About settings, i think there should be the standard presets but there should also be a small tab explaining every option, because i sometimes find it hard to guess if i need to turn something off/on.

Overwatch has a great user interface, you can find everything you need very fast and everything is very detailed, yet not complicated. The CSGO user interface was also pretty nice (don't know about the new one) and i don't think Pandemik will have it's issues with leaving the lobby in order to get to another menu (or are there group lobbies?!). PUBG has a bad interface imo, because it takes some time to find the things you're looking for and it burns your GPU in the main menu. The only thing it does right is that you can join games very quick, but friends and invitations are kinda hard to manage.

EDIT: An expandable death counter which tells you how many times you died to specific things like zombies, vehicle explosions, falling, etc. in the player profile would be a fun thing.
Last edited by Papaya on 06 Sep 2018 16:41, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Litoris

Post by Mike Litoris »

Hello , I just created an account to reply.
1st post for me , and I'll try to do my best english (I'm French).

So,I'll start by the End , for me , Rust has the best interface inventory , it's very easy and instinctive .We can have a preview of craft, equipment . Also there is indicators for hunger,thirst and health which are very simple , not like currently in Dayz O. In inventory it's good to see how many bullet is still available in a charger .

It's interesting to have some stats about the cold and some things about armor (like letality ) against white weapon or arm,stats about humanity are essential . Papaya is right , having some stats about how many meters traveled , about kills , how reinforced material farmed , is really cool and fun . I join Papaya about settings to have a small tab explaining options , because we can waste so much time to test every settings , for most of them which are insignificant in game .

In the server list , essentials informations are needed . Ping , pop , last wipe , restart cycle , EU or RU .. all about options in game (pnj , hard or easy mode ) something like there is actually in the launcher is ok for me .

For the menu , something simple is required , Play(Server) , Options ,Leave , Credits /Stats .
It's could be cool to have something in the menu ,which permit you to join a group who are looking for a last player .
For example , we are 2 on a server , and we need one last people to play , because this server is a hard mode or something like that .

That's all for me :D
Risdiz

Post by Risdiz »

Interface
I would love an Interface that can be customized. Like not everyone wants to see the exact health/blood so differences between 12000Blood if you keep the arma stlye or 100% also where it will be displayed top bottom side etc^^
Drag and drop in options like in arma3 where you can customize it to the least thing^^ :D
-Blood/Health
-Humanity
-Food
-Water
-Stamina
-Weight
-Heros/Bandits/Survivor killed in that life
-Zombies Killed

The main-menu
-Last server played on/Favorite server
-Serverlist
-Options/settings
-Charakter Customization like only select the Gender on the server on respawn or make presets here^^ if you have it at all :)

Server-list
-Favorites
-Search by name
-sort by Ping/Playercount etc
-History of servers where i were on

Player Profile
-Charakter Customization
-Time Played
-Zombies Killed
-Bandits/Heros/Survivor killed
-Bots killed
-Longest Survived
-Deaths

Sure make presets^^ like minimal or with full informations but also let us customize it :)
Informations
-Player Joins/leaves
-All chat
-Player gets killed and by what
-missions/events only via PDA
-Blood/Health
-Humanity
-Food
-Water
-Stamina
-Weight
-Heros/Bandits/Survivor killed in that life
-Zombies Killed

Arma 3 has a good interface as it is Customizable the most :D
Tobosaku

Post by Tobosaku »

What is important to you in a games user interface?
- Usability over info content.
When you launch a game, what information / features would you like to have quickly accessible to you in the main menu?
- Last joined server
- My Player Model (DayZ Style)

What features would you like to see in the server list?
- Join Steam friends
- Direct IP Join

What features would you like to see in the player profile?
- Everything possible history-wise, e.g. time active on server X.
Do you like the idea of settings presets?
- Yes, gives the impression of a recommendation by devs.
What information would you like to see while playing in game? (Health, ammo etc...)
Depends on the level of realism this game aims to have. If there is a function to check my weapon for ammunition the HUD shouldn't have an ammo indicator. But would definitly welcome if the HUD fades in and out based on the current action. Concerning Health, an indicator showing what body part is damaged would be prefered over pointless groaning of the character and blood on the screen.
What games do you think have the best user interface and why?
- Menu/Inventory: Arma 3(quick and target player base is most likely used to)
- HUD: Escape from Tarkov (feels like it's there only when you need it)
Cravez
Fan
Fan

Post by Cravez »

I think in regards the menu, something like this concept made by a DayZ fan would be cool if it was possible - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvjAlbTWju0 <--- showing your various characters across the servers you've played in some backdrop of the game with their stats displayed.

In regards the in-game hud, keep it minimalistic and not obnoxiously big. Depending on how you guys plan on the game as a whole, will it be more a casual experience than the mod or will it be the same hardcore survival? If hardcore then keep the stats like health/hunger/thirst/Infection etc more generalised rather than specific, the way the mod was with a meter showing approx how much health or food you have, rather than a set number.

In regards ammo counters, if you're not going down this route then you'll need some way to check your chamber and magazine the way Escape From Tarkov does. If keeping them then I'd say keep the counter minimal.

I think regardless of how you proceed, I think keeping a server option in mind to turn off most of the HUD options would be a good idea for those who want a "veteran/hardcore" style server.
KellyTer

Your feedback about the user interface

Post by KellyTer »

Looks very nice. based on the screenshot Although perhaps you could release it in a playable form to get better feedback on how it actually works for people when they are playing the game