Atmosphere

Here you can discuss anything you want to related to the game.
Cravez
Fan
Fan

Atmosphere

Post by Cravez »

Wanted to talk and bring up a few points about the potential atmosphere the game may bring. Origins mod was personally one of the most atmospheric experiences I've played, with the creepy music, decayed environmental look and mangled/gorish looking zombies, I truly felt immersed a zombie apocalypse and certainly gave me chills at times playing.

From the look of the official trailer, Pandemik is looking like it's ticking all the boxes of the original mod, but will look even better.

However generally I find most games that try to have horror "elements" in them, generally don't work well or pull it off as good, unless they are strictly horror games with no defensive mechanics.

I don't know if you guys are actively looking for Pandemik to have horror elements in it, but I think if you do I'd like to suggest a video (fan made) concept that honestly makes the atmoshere that almost has a realistic feel to it, would be really creepy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjLa_m_wS3M

I know you guys have someone creating music, but the particular type of music I think would suit Pandemik well would be similar to this, very haunting - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG9fVSWR6_E (FYI the artist allows you to use his music as long as you credit him and tell him what project it's for)

Don't really know what I'm trying to say here, or saying it well, but hopefully what I would like to see for Pandemik is that not only is it a survival game, but it's a horror game also that gives you chills and keeps you on edge, with your adrenaline pumping not just by the PvP combat, but with the environment and PvE also.
Cravez
Fan
Fan

Re: Atmosphere

Post by Cravez »

Has there been any thoughts on this? I think striving to make the game be more horror like would be a nice twist on the genre. You only really felt properly scared in the mod, or other similar games, when in proximity or directly involved in the PvP. I think it would be great to feel creeped out, or scared just by exploring or being involved with the PvE.
-Martin-
Developer
Developer

Re: Atmosphere

Post by -Martin- »

Yup, we are making the atmosphere of the game very scary, as if you're trying to survive in a horror movie. ;)