Future Wishes

Here you can discuss anything you want to related to the game.
Masin

Future Wishes

Post by Masin »

Well, first of all, HELL YES! I've been waiting on an announcement like this for years!

Second, I figured I'd get the ball rolling on what everyone hopes is in this and what features from the mod get carried over or what future wishes to be added! Just some general discussion about the game we all loved!

Kisses,

Masin
Zatley

Re: Future Wishes

Post by Zatley »

What I really liked about the mod is being busy gathering stuff for your house whilst enjoying the beautiful Taviana map.
I'm sure this map will be even more beautiful with UnrealEngine 4 & just the general survival mechanics of this mod are the best.
Cravez
Fan
Fan

Post by Cravez »

I hope we're able to keep the soundtrack that's currently in the mod, I don't know if it will be possible with licensing issues since it's going to be a new paid product but I would have to have it in or at the very least create music very similar to it, it suits the atmosphere of the game so much.
-Martin-
Developer
Developer

Post by -Martin- »

Cravez wrote: 20 Jan 2018 15:21 I hope we're able to keep the soundtrack that's currently in the mod, I don't know if it will be possible with licensing issues since it's going to be a new paid product but I would have to have it in or at the very least create music very similar to it, it suits the atmosphere of the game so much.
Unfortunately I think that sound track is copyright by someone and we would have to buy the rights to it which is something that we don't want to spend our tiny budget on. :D

We're having a custom sound track made by our good friend and Chinese translator which is going to be ever better than the original. ;)
Cravez
Fan
Fan

Post by Cravez »

-Martin- wrote: 20 Jan 2018 16:48 Unfortunately I think that sound track is copyright by someone and we would have to buy the rights to it which is something that we don't want to spend our tiny budget on. :D

We're having a custom sound track made by our good friend and Chinese translator which is going to be ever better than the original. ;)
Awesome :) , I hope it has a creepy/eerie ambiance to it!
Masin

Post by Masin »

I'm just really hoping that it keeps Origins at its core what it is. To me, out of all of the mods I've played for Arma 2 and 3, it had the best balance of gun play/fights and survival. I know for myself, that it was all about fighting with the bandage/bloodbag/morphine medical system and the excellently balanced gun loot. For instance, the standalone went full retarded with its survival system. Nobody wanted that. It should be just enough to remind you that it's there without being an annoyance for playing.

And, of course, the humanity and house building that it had. I loved the leveling system for homes. The modular buildings that the other mods had was cool, but origins made it seem like a clan could build their own city and stuff. I loved it.
Zatley

Post by Zatley »

Taviana: The Origins will feature everything Origins Mod had, improved, remastered and better than ever before.

The housing is probaly gonna be different than the mod.
Last edited by 18. JgKp Flash-224 on 22 Oct 2018 22:03, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Name change of Pandemik to Taviana
yNapster

Post by yNapster »

Different in which way?
Cravez
Fan
Fan

Post by Cravez »

I just hope that it won't be possible to create skybases like Arma 2 Epoch mod had? Those things were eyesores and generally games that have extremely modular base building like Rust/Miscreated (or even Arma 3 Exile) look very unimmersive. The tiered housing that Origins had was perfectly fine but just needed to be more intuitive placing/building and maybe more options for additional building like more fences/gates/towers etc
Zatley

Post by Zatley »

Cravez wrote: 21 Jan 2018 15:08 I just hope that it won't be possible to create skybases like Arma 2 Epoch mod had? Those things were eyesores and generally games that have extremely modular base building like Rust/Miscreated (or even Arma 3 Exile) look very unimmersive. The tiered housing that Origins had was perfectly fine but just needed to be more intuitive placing/building and maybe more options for additional building like more fences/gates/towers etc
It won't be like Epoch, but it won't be exactly like Origins neither.