Donation and Patreon F.A.Q

Here you will find all the latest news directly from the developers.
admin
The Supreme Forum Administrator
The Supreme Forum Administrator

Donation and Patreon F.A.Q

Post by admin »

We have received a lot of questions from the community regarding Patreon, donations etc.. So we have written an explanation:

P.s. Please don’t be shy, we spoke to many people in the community who simply are shy to donate $1 because they feel its too little. $1 goes a long way, if 100 people donate $1 we can upgrade our PC! If 1000 people donate we can hire a pro animator for 1 month etc...

Why do we need donations & where will my money go?

As you are aware we are a small team with a tiny budget taking on titles with six figure budgets and the backing of multinational corporations.

We need donations to take time off work and put it in the development of the game, to hire new people, upgrade our hardware etc…

What is Patreon?

Patreon is a new membership platform that makes it easy for you to support us. Many projects use Kickstarter and set ridiculous goals e.g. give us $500,000 and we will add a car to the game etc… With Patreon, you send us whatever you want on a monthly basis for how long you want while we work on the game and receive something in return as a thanks, e.g. answer your questions, send you W.I.P screenshots of what we’re working on, give you a Beta key etc… We also want to involve the community through Patreon so that together we create a game that is fun for everyone like Origins Mod was!

Do I have to subscribe monthly?

No. You can subscribe to support us for as long you want, e.g. 1 month, 2 month, 6 months etc… Its up to you.

When does Patreon charge me?

Patreon tries to take a payment on the 1st of every month, if that fails it tries again for the last time on the 2nd of every month.

Can I donate once?

Yes, you can either donate to us on PayPal or subscribe for only 1 month on Patreon.

If I donate $150 at once or in parts will I still get a Beta key?

Patreon automatically keeps track of your pledges over the lifetime of the project, so if you donate $150 you will receive a Beta key, if all your donations add up to $150, e.g. you donated $25, next month $25, after 3 months $100 you will still get a key!

If I donate over $150 via PayPal or other methods, will I get a Beta key?

Yes.

If my donations amount to more than $50 over the lifetime time of the project will I be put in the Beta key lottery?

Yes.

If I only subscribe for 1 month on Patreon, will I keep my perks for ever?

No, Patreon is is a subscription platform. You only keep your perks for the months you support us.

Can I change the amount Patreon pledge when even I want?

Yes, if you donated $15 in the first month you can change your support to $1 for the next month as you wish!

What does patreon take?

From every $1 you send us Patreon takes 5% and their credit card partners also take 5%, we also have to pay tax to the government and play our fair share in the community, all of this amounts to roughly 30%. So from every $1 you send we receive around 70¢.

Do have to donate a set amount on Patreon?

No, you can donate $1.50, $2, $22.80, its up to you.

Are there other ways to support you without money?

Yes! You can help by sharing all our videos and news with as many people as you can! You can also help us with translations in to your native language etc...

Patreon